Cornsay Parish Council
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2020
1. Date of announcement 10 August 2020
2. Each year the Council's Annual Return is audited by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Appointments Ltd. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2020 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Mr D Walker - Clerk to the Council
Tel: 07947 409258
commencing on 11 August 2020
and ending on 22 September 2020
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
- the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection period at 2 above.
4. This audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 amd the National Audit Office' Code of Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, Salvus House, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
5. This announcement is made by:
Clerk to the Council
The Accounts for the year 2019-2020, Annual Governance & Accountability Return, supporting documents and Internal Audit Report are available to view on the Financial Information page.