Cornsay Parish Council
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI 234)
1. Date of announcement 29 June 2021
2. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2021 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Mr D Walker - Clerk to the Council
Tel: 07947 409258
commencing on 30 June 2021
and ending on 10 August 2021
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
- the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Authority.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection period at 2 above.
4. This audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 amd the National Audit Office' Code of Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
The Corner, Bank Chambers, 26 Mosley Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1DF
5. This announcement is made by:
Clerk to the Council
Councils' Accounts: A Summary of Public Rights (pdf document)
The Accounts for the year 2019-2020, Annual Governance & Accountability Return, supporting documents and Internal Audit Report are available to view on the Financial Information page.